The Nia Technique: White Belt Intensive
with Nia Faculty Trainer Stephaney Robinson-Abilon
October 3-9, 2015
Learn more about Nia and Nia Trainings or to Register: http://www.nianow.com
Register: Click here to register
Additional questions? Contact Susan Proffitt firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nia White Belt Intensive lays the foundation for all Nia training and education. In White Belt, you are introduced to the first 13 principles of Nia focusing on the physical realm of the body.
All 52 principles of Nia are explored with your body and movement through the lens of Science-Craft-Art. During your training, you will be guided to place attention on your self, on your body, and on physical sensation, using movement to develop cognitive and somatic knowledge.
Principle 1, The Joy of Movement, is the foundation for the entire body of Nia work. This principle teaches you to choose sensation to connect to Joy. In Nia, the word Joy expresses a universal energy, different from emotional enjoyment. As you learn to sense your body, you can invite Joy into the experience of your life. Over time and through Nia practice, you can learn to sustain and increase the amount of Joy you sense in every experience.
In the Nia White Belt, you will learn:
• A deeper understanding of self: knowing your body, mind, emotions and spirit.
• Techniques to sustain and increase pleasurable sensation in your body.
• Ways to integrate Nia's nine movement forms: Jazz Dance, Duncan Dance, Modern Dance; Aikido, Tai Chi, Tae Kwon Do; The Alexander Technique, The Work of Moshe Feldenkrais® and Yoga.
• The 52 Moves of Nia: the language of conditioning and self-healing.
• How to work with the 8BC system: Developing listening skills to code and map music and sound.
• The practice of RAW: Relaxed, Alert, Waiting and what it means to be in "living meditation."
• How to stimulate movement creativity using the eight stages of FreeDance.
• The Body's Way method for moving and physical conditioning.
• How to listen to the voices of your body.
• How to move Your Body's Way.
• How to "create space."
• About your "witness" and how to use it as a tool for self-healing.
• How to create an optimal learning experience working with the Energy Allies.
• How to communicate what you sense in your body.
• Nia's business philosophy and what it means to create a sacred livelihood based on your unique life purpose.